Sunday, February 24, 2008

I read it for the art.....:)

Yippie! I finally got some responses..:) Ok, let's hear about what you like to read and watch. So, how many of you are into anime or manga for the story content or the art? I was discussing this with someone the other day and was asked, "Do you really consider graphic novels art?" Well, short answer is yes. It is isn't it? That doesn't mean everything is good of course. There are different styles just like anything else. Everyone has their own tastes. I like surfing and downloading scans in the raw which you wouldn't get here in the states and finding someone to follow. Watching how they grow as artists. I feel the same way about story lines. Finding little one shots and seeing all the different stories. Sometimes I finish a story even though the art makes me cringe. Other times I like just enjoying the art even though the story is very generic. When you find both that is a bonus. I have a new poll so don't forget to check it out and let's have a real debate. Any ideas for other topics would be great too!

No comments: