Monday, March 17, 2008

Changes

OK, this blog is too big and random. I am going to divide it up into a few different ones to make things easier. I will have one for anime. I am thinking this one. The others will be to start with one for shojo manga and one for shonen. I may have another for more random stuff. This will enable me to cover more stuff the way I want and appeal more specifcly to people. I will update here on my progress and add the links to the new blogs here as well. Sooo, I don't want to go away without talking about something so here is what I did on Sunday. For various reasons I needed to take my mind off things. I have a TON of manga to read and so I read a bunch of different things. I will talk about those later or on the newer blogs. This picture is the cover of Otomen Vol.1. by Kanno Aya. I just finished chapter 4 of vol.1 scanned by Serenus Dreamers. As you can see this is a shojo manga. The pink colors, hearts, sparkles and flower should be a dead giveaway. The story is from the guys point of view and that is always fun. He is as macho and tough as it gets ...however...he bakes, sews, likes shojo manga and pink. He promised his mother on her death bed to "be a man". So he keeps the secret. Will the girl he likes not like this side of him? I like the fact the one guy who knows his secret also has one himself. He is writing about the whole thing in a manga! In the fact the lead characters favorite one. It will be quite a thing to see when it all comes out. The art is clean and fun. It isn't dirty (so far) just cute but not mushy. I will keep reading it for a s long as I can. I sense a lesson in acceptance of yourself lurking somewhere in the morals and life lessons learned component of the books. We'll see..:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your blog looks great!!