Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's better than mice with swords?

My son who is 8 loves this. To be honest I think it's cool too. Besides my affinity for mice the cover grabbed me. When I saw the year 1152 and mice with swords, how could I not do a flip through? Now I know, I did it again and this isn't manga. The art though is fun to look at. If you have any inspiring black knights in your home check this out. My sons are always outside with sticks for swords playing out the crusades or star wars. It seemed a fit. Don't think these are your cute and cuddly rodents. It is life and death and war. Not for the littlest of kids. A little grasp of history would be good to start off with for the younger reader. The basics you know. Like, there was a middle ages. Here is the link to the website for more information. You can find the book in any comic shop. Check there first and support a local place before going to a chain store. Or support me and go to my money pit...:) (shameless plug) 
http://www.davidpetersen.net/mouseguard/index.htm

No comments: