Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gokusen

Gokusen! I love this anime. I felt so stupid when I saw this the first time. I actually saw it on tv. It is rare I find something I really like from tv. I would have to say things I saw on tv first that I really liked were Inuyasha ( I loved the voice actors), Trigun (made me laugh then cry like a baby) then Gokusen. Now it has some nasty language in parts. More than Inuyasha favorite fight phrase of "You B*****d!". Of course it all makes sense when you realize it has yakuza and juvenile delinquints in it. Still, it's funny. The bonds between friends is enjoyable to watch. The way the teacher works so hard for her students to get them to graduate make you wish all teachers were so devoted. If you like the anime read the manga. It is longer and has much more plot. There is also a live action drama. the actors in it are amazing and how DO they find people who look so much like the characters? If anyone is interested I have links for the manga that is being scanlated. The drama can be found on youtube and rented on greencine. Dunno if the rentals have subtitals though. FIGHT-O!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not big on toons especially the new ones. Too much like a soap opera. ;-) Zach likes them though and he and I spent time watching and reading some stuff you have posted, so it is good quality time with my soon to be 18 year old!!

perphila said...

Are you saying I am too much like an 18 year old? :)

fuzzemdemon said...

I love Gokusen. I think Shin is amazing.